I WANT CINNAMON SCROLLS ON CHRISTMAS MORNING
The Duke's family house on Christmas morning has a strong aroma of Cinnamon Scrolls.
We prep the night before (30 Mins) and slide them into the oven at sparrows fart so the kids wake up to a cinnamony scent that they will remember for years to come.
- Simply - Follow the instructions on the back of your Duke's Master Dough Mix.
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar – We prefer to use dark brown sugar. Make sure it’s packed.
- 1.5 tbsp Cinnamon – the key ingredient in cinnamon scrolls!
- 1/4 cup Butter – unsalted. You’ll want to make sure this is softened.
- Prepare filling: Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, mix in softened butter.
CREAM CHEESE ICING:
- 6 tbsp Butter – unsalted butter is what you’ll want to use.
- 1 cup Icing Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Cream cheese – at room temperature.
- Duke's Vanilla Essence Glaze – just a bit to add a touch of vanilla in the icing.
- Salt – a little bit is all you need to bring out all the flavours.
How To Roll Cinnamon Scrolls
- Assemble cinnamon Scrolls: Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, in a rectangular shape until it is an even thickness.
- Evenly sprinkle the filling mix over your dough.
- Working carefully, from the long edge, roll the dough down to the bottom edge. Cut the dough into 3cm rolls. Place the cut rolls in buttered pan. Cover with a plastic wrap and let them rise until doubled in size. (Place them in the fridge over night and they will be perfect to bake in the morning)
- Bake the cinnamon scrolls: Bake them in a preheated 180C degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make icing: While the rolls are baking make the icing by mixing all the icing ingredients and beat well with an electric mixer until fluffy and smooth. When the rolls are done, spread generously with icing.